Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: 8-hour shift
Supplemental pay types: Commission Pay
Experience: construction-related: 2 years (Required) Sales: 5 years (Required)
Willingness to travel: 50% (Preferred)
Why work at Britespan?
- Competitive pay
- Annual clothing allowance
- Annual discretionary bonuses
- Advancement Opportunities
- Great Corporate Culture
- Employee appreciation events
- Engaged in community support/engagement initiatives
- Growing company & industry
- Benefit and Pension
Reporting Manager: Managing Director – Global Sales
Location: Corporate Office – Wingham, Ontario
The Business Development Manager (BDM) – Canada’s primary role is to work with existing Canadian Dealers to grow their business’. The Dealers role is to sell, Install and service the Britespan’s buildings and associated business. The BDM will source and onboard new dealers, and work closely with new and existing Dealers to help develop their businesses through planning, organizing, doing sales calls when necessary, and directing the activities of Britespan Sales.
Must be willing to travel throughout Canada and the US as required.
All employees are to participate in, and positively contribute to the company culture, Health and Safety initiatives, continuous improvement and abide by the Employment Standards Act and all company policies and procedures while maintaining a customer service mindset.
Education & Knowledge
- Agricultural industry, particularly Dairy and Beef
- Commercial construction and Project management knowledge
- A college degree or technical school diploma – asset
- A high level of leadership skill particularly focused in sales
- Ability to close sales directly in areas of no dealers.
- Able to investigate, qualify and source new dealers in vacant regions
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Organizational, negotiation, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel is required
- Able to host virtual meeting utilizing various programs
- Fluent with social media platforms
- User experience level with a CRM software; Microsoft Dynamics preferred
- Ability to articulate data presentation on multiple platforms including static worksheets, charts and graphics
Independent, self-starter with excellent time management
- Dedicated to results
- 7+ years sales experience minimum
- 3 + years building industry & construction related
- A strong background in successful sales / sales management
- Experience in strategic growth planning and execution
- Dealer distribution networks, development and acquisition – asset
- Smartsheet – asset
Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
Ability to interact in a team environment and positively contribute to the company missions
Ability to speak more languages than English – asset
- Lead dealer sales team in building relationships with business clients and manage negotiations of sales contracts
- Work with existing dealers to effectively grow their business
- Acquire and develop new Agricultural and Commercial dealers where we are not currently represented
- Manage, nurture, and maintain relationships with existing dealers and new dealers
- Distribution of leads, determining which leads to pass to dealers and which leads to follow up on directly to ensure a sale has the best potential for closing
- Facilitates communication with dealer install teams and engineering to provide input to design changes prior to implementation
- Drive results through relationship building both with internal employees and external partnerships
- Recruit, organize, train and manage staff for company and dealers
- Develop and deploy a strong, detailed sales cycle process for self and dealer integration for consistent close rate expectancy
- Close direct sale opportunities where there is no dealer representation
- Follow up the sales support custom quotes to dealers, ensuring maximization of opportunities
- Assist in facilitation of annual International Dealer conferences to encourage information and best practice sharing and synergy amongst dealer network and Britespan
- Use and utilization CRM data base as primary housing for data & activities
- Engage and leverage relationships with other Britespan affiliated sales organizations for best practice and strategic development
- Attend trade shows when necessary
- Reporting to Operations on forecasting, capacity planning and inventory management
- Problem solve when there is a sales order, QA, or install challenge
- Work with the marketing department to understand and communicate marketing messages to the field
- Foster a team environment and positive culture
- Good hand coordination and finger dexterity to utilize equipment such as telephones, tape measure, hardhat, safety glasses, computers and calculators
- Other duties as assigned by Leader
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Carrying 50+ lbs
- Walking or other means of transport
- Bending / Twisting
- Outdoor weather conditions
- Fumes, dust
- Follow the guidelines outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Encourage fellow employees to work safely and to report hazardous or unsafe conditions immediately to their Supervisors
- Follow all company policies and procedures including wearing all required PPE
About Britespan Building Systems Inc.:
Britespan has been in the steel-framed fabric structure industry since 2010 and offers the widest product line available today. We design, engineer and manufacture each product line in-house. With Authorized Dealerships across North America and Europe, Britespan is rapidly growing their global presence.
Interested in applying?
Please click below for the Business Development Manager:
Referral Bonus Details:
In your application email, please put the name of the person you are referring as it appears on their resume. If multiple applicants, whom are hired, refer another applicant, the bonus will be paid to the 1st person to refer the applicant. The bonus shall be paid upon completion of the referred applicants probationary period.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those short-listed will be contacted.